Friday, May 4, 2012

An Update

A 3-month blog hiatus. Not bad--considering I've gone on whole year hiatuses before. :)

Spring term started on February 9, and my last post was on February 11. That should tell you something: graduate school is all-consuming--especially when our classes are only 8 weeks long. That's some expedient paper writing, project completing, and test studying right there. From February to March, I took Discourse Analysis and Semantics and Pragmatics. And I am currently taking Cross-Cultural Teaching Seminar, Advanced Grammatical Analysis, and Theory and Practice of Translation. Whew! All good things though and extremely relevant to Bible translation.

In all that spare time I've had, though, God's been teaching me some pretty incredible life lessons as well. As most of you know, I'm getting married on December 29, 2012! Woohoo! But, since Don is currently in Papua New Guinea doing linguistic research until July, I've had to go about preparing for marriage in ways other than just talking to him. A few months ago, I did some searching online for some marriage books, and after reading some reviews, I picked up a copy of For Women Only by Shaunti Feldhahn, Love and War by John and Stasi Eldredge, and The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace. And, I picked up a copy of that little book full of wisdom I like to call Proverbs. 


I'd like to take a blog or two to record some of the little tidbits God's revealed to me over these last few months. That way, when the going gets tough in marriage, the tough will just get going back to her blog and remind herself of how she's supposed to be acting. ;) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment