Saturday, September 5, 2009

Un Día Perfecto


Today was a perfect day. This morning we caught the bus by our house to head to the bus station. From there we bought our tickets for Salobreña. After about an hour long bus ride, we arrived. Oh, where, did you ask? Oh, just the Mediterranean! Indescribable! I spent my day basking in the rays of the beautiful Mediterranean sun and swimming in its crystal clear waters. Our señora packed us some bocadillos and fruit for lunch. I couldn’t have asked for a better way to spend my first Saturday here. There were a few cultural differences (like the fact that many of the women were topless!), but it was certainly not enough to inhibit our wonderful day at the beach. Terrific. As we sat on the beach, we thought about how guilty we felt that our friends were back home doing homework. No good. L I also sat on the beach thinking about just how much of God’s creation I have never even seen. Today was just one small check on the list of the millions of places he has handcrafted. Brilliant. Today was a perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment