Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Learning Never Ceases

First of all, this video that Jenna James gives a beautiful picture of what I have been doing this summer. Check it out! http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=228547740383&comments

Doesn't that make you want to become an intern??? :) God is good, and He is undeniably at work. I can't believe how much my eyes have been opened this summer. I just began reading Shane Claiborne's Irresistible Revolution. Highly recommend it. Wow. What a powerful witness of the church. I am convicted by James when he says that anyone who knows the good he ought to do yet doesn't do it sins. Now, that God has shown me the good I must do, I must do it.

Tim Hughes' song "God of Justice" speaks of just a glimpse of the good we are called to do as Christians:

God of Justice, Saviour to all.
Came to rescue the weak and the poor.
Chose to serve and not be served.
Jesus, You have called us
Freely we've received
Now freely we will give
We must go live to feed the hungry
Stand beside the broken
We must go
Stepping forward keep us from just singing
Move us into action
We must go
To act justly everyday
Loving mercy in everyway
Walking humbly before You God
You have shown us, what You require
Freely we've received
Now freely we will give
Fill us up and send us out
Fill us up and send us out
Fill us up and send us out Lord © 2007 Sparrow

I must go and do.

This week I will be leading a youth group in a Vacation Bible School for a local day camp. Please pray for us. Pray for the open hearts of the children. Pray that the Holy Spirit would move and use even our weak attempts to speak of the good news. Pray that our love would be an overwhelming but small picture of the depth of God's love for them. I love you all.

-Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment