Monday, November 2, 2009

I love Paris!

After our adventures in Rome, we headed to Paris. Can I just say that I LOVE that city! I want to live there so bad, and I can't wait to learn French. :) I bought a French phrase book, and I am starting the learning as we speak...or well, write.

The first day we were in Paris, we went to the Louvre. It was HUGE. We were only there for three, and only saw about 12 famous works. They said that if you stopped and looked at every work for 2 minutes, it would take you 6 months to see everything! Most famous things we saw: the Mona Lisa and Aphrodite. The Mona Lisa is surprisingly small. It is only like 18 inches by 12 inches or something. Still pretty cool to see it in person though. (Obviously, I am not an art guru.) Aphrodite was a statue without arms. I need to do more research before I can really appreciate it!

That first night, we went on a boat cruise around Paris. It was beautiful. Everything in the city is lit up!

The next day it rained horribly. We were going to a walking tour throughout the city, but the weather just didn't cooperate. We left the tour (I felt so bad for the tour guide! I know how that feels!), and did some souvenir shopping. Then we went to see the Notre Dame. By this time, this was like our 10th Cathedral. They start to look the same. However, this one had a lot more stained glass windows, and they were extremely intricate. We left there, got some lunch, and headed to the Arc de Triumph. So cool! It is much bigger than it appears in pictures. In the afternoon, Alicia (my roommate) and I headed outside of the city on the RER in order to go to the nearest Build-A-Bear. She collects them, so she had to get one to commemorate her time in Europe. It was a fun little adventure.

That night, we went to the Eiffel Tower. I was speechless. It is really beautiful for just being a metal tower. :) It sparkles every hour, so we watched it and took some pictures, then went up to the top of the tower. It is incredibly high up. All of the biggest buildings look like teeny tiny miniature models. The tower wobbles a bit on time especially because it is extremely windy up there. Still terrific though!

I tried to make this one a bit shorter than the last one! Hope you enjoyed the summary! Miss you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment